The administrative management of the administration sections is carried out by a Secretary General, appointed by the Chairman of the Agency.
The Secretary General:
1. distributes, coordinates and controls the current as well as long-term tasks among the separate sections of the general and specialized administration in the Agency;
2. controls the observance of the deadlines for fulfillment of the tasks, ensuing from laws, acts of the Council of Ministers, decisions of the Accreditation Council and/or ordered by the Chairman of the Agency;
3. organizes the activities on publishing the acts of the Agency;
4. maintains the operational relations with the management of the HE institutions and with other administrative structures;
5. organizes and participates in the sessions of the Accreditation Council and has a deliberative vote;
6. coordinates the acts of establishment, amendment, and termination of official labor relations;
7. informs in a timely manner the Chairman and the members of the Accreditation Council regarding changes that have occurred in the legislation, related to the procedures of accreditation and project evaluation;
8. sees to the observance of the normative acts and to the execution of the legal orders of the Chairman of the Agency;
9. is responsible for the management of the state property granted to the Agency;
10. organizes the development, introduction and functioning of the internal system for quality ensuring of the activities of the Agency;
11. approves the job descriptions of the employees.